Jesus stated in John 10:10 the purpose of why he came. (NKJV)
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Reading from another translation – John 10:10 (NIV)
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Do you want to live life to its fullest? Sunday’s message on living an abundant life in Christ contained a segment from Zig Zigler’s book entitled, Over the Top.
You are living the “Abundant life” when…
- You clearly understand that failure is an event, not a person; that yesterday ended last night, and today is your brand new day.
- You have made friends with your past, are focused on the present, and optimistic about your future.
- You know that success doesn’t make you & failure doesn’t break you.
- You are filled with faith, hope, and love and live without anger, greed, guilt, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
- You are mature enough to delay instant gratification and shift your focus from your rights to your responsibilities.
- You know that failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being the victim of what is criminally wrong.
- You are secure in who you are, so you are at peace with God & in fellowship with others.
- You have made friends of your adversaries and have gained the love & respect of those who know you best.
- You understand that others can give you joy, but genuine happiness comes from doing things for others.
- You are pleasant to the grouch, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy.
- You love the unlovable, give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless and encouragement to the discouraged.
- You can look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
- You know anyone who would be greatest among you must become servant of all
- You recognize, confess, develop, and use your God-given talents. You give your physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God & for the benefit of humanity.
- You stand in front of the Creator of the universe & He says to you “Well done, good and faithful servant.”