The Sanctuary is a Bible-based church; our teachings are established on biblical passages and principles. Here are some of our foundational beliefs:
- The Bible: The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living (II Timothy 3:15-17).
- God: There is one God; revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh, both fully God and fully man. The God of the Old Testament was incarnated in the New Testament, and today offers to fill us with His Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Acts 1:4-5; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16).
- Salvation: Everyone has sinned and needs salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith, based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- The Gospel: The saving gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, yet rose again. We personally apply the gospel through repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial of our sins), and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit (resurrection to new life) (I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 6:3-4).
- Spiritual Transformation: Spiritual transformation takes place over the course of a believer’s life. As Christians, we must love God and others. We should live a holy life and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for believers today (Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10).
- The Church: As the body of Christ on earth, the church is one group of people made up of many members. All believers are called to a personal, unique ministry, created with gifts and with a purpose specifically designed by God. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, the church offers hope to humanity (I Corinthians 12:12-31).
- The Future: Jesus Christ is coming again to receive His church. In the end there will be the final resurrection and the final judgment. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11 15).